Since it's uncommon and Rich Boulders are not that often to come by, players are recommended to save the Hardstone Ore they collect early in the game and use it for purposes player's find important later on, e.g. crafting the Shovel or saving for a Compass.
- Sextant - 1 Hardstone Ore + 1 Flintstone
- Compass - 1 Hardstone Ore + 1 Magnetic Stone
- Dagger - 1 Hardstone Ore + 1 Any Pelt (e.g. Deer Pelt)
- Deck Fire Pit - 2 Hardstone Ore
- Hardstone Arrows - 1 Hardstone Ore + 1 Hardwood Log
- Hardstone Mounting Plate - 3 Hardstone Ore
- Shovel - 1 Hardstone Ore + 1 Hardwood Log
- Blunt Pickaxe - 2 Hardstone Ore + 1 Hardwood Log
- Storage Chest - 4 Hardstone Ore + 6 Wood Log
- Volatile Bomb - 1 Hardstone Ore + 1 Volatile Ore
- Fused Bomb - 1 Hardstone Ore, 1 Volatile Ore, 1 Cloth Swatch, 1 Plant Fibers
- Catalyzed Fused Bomb - 1 Hardstone Ore, 1 Volatile Ore, 1 Cloth Swatch, 1 Plant Fiber,1 Volatile Catalyst
- Catalyzed Volatile Bomb - 1 Hardstone Ore, 1 Volatile Ore, 1 Volatile Catalyst
- The Blue Maiden 100 Wood Log, 20 Hardwood, 5 Ironite, 7 Hardstone, 20 Cloth, 500 Gold and turn in The Voyager's Maiden quest to a Merchant
- The Red Maiden - 150 wood logs, 25 hardwood logs, 5 ironite ore, 5 hardstone ore, 15 fine materials, Red Maiden Plans.